Featured Post

Nemesis: How to Fight Against Isildur

Good morning gamers, This year in this series, we've looked at Gil-Galad, Elendil, and Elrond as the major heroes from the Last Alliance...

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Uruk-Hai Month, Take 2: Week 1

Ok, so a while back, I had an Uruk-Hai month because I wasn't excited about an investment I made. The result was that the Uruk-Hai lost most of the games they played during that time, but I learned a lot about how the particular units I had worked (or didn't work). This time around, I'm hoping to get the units all prepared and finished along with identifying what investments I want to make in the future.

This week's work focused on finishing the basing for the models and identifying which places needed further paint improvements before the protective gloss coating was applied. If you zoom in on the picture, you'll see that the rocks that were added last time to the bases of these Uruk-Hai (and those not pictured here) has been painted black. All avid fans of the LOTR movies know that the Uruks chant "Burn to Ashes" constantly, so this gives that sort of picture. Next week, the rocks will be dry-brushed with a little gray and will be given a mud wash.
Here's a close-up on the crossbows I've been working on (pardon the blurriness). The idea is to have 3-4 warriors with crossbows by the end of it, so we'll see how that ends up. I'm looking at adding a shaman to my ranks soon, so watch for that. If you have ideas for what to do with this army, please leave them in comments. Right now I'm looking at adding berserkers or Warg Riders (a later post will explain why).

No comments:

Post a Comment